Monday 5 August 2013

"Why Open?" - starting a new MOOC today!

I'm just starting another MOOC today, this one is called "Why Open?".

One of the requirements for this course is to have a blog and post about... I don't know yet, but I'm looking forward to fill the white pages of this little space in the net.  This is also pushing me to my never started blog about science, what I do in my sciency live and what I discover in my way. So, this will be also the place for my discussions about the Sun, Space weather and other stuff.

So, back to the course I'm starting today.

This MOOC is organized by P2PU, a really amazing project where people teach other people. They have a large variety of course, some of them you can started at any time, where others you have a starting date and commit with your peers.

Why Open is about Openness as sharing knowledge, ideas, etc. with the world.  I will keep you (my lovely reader) more about my learnings and how that affect me.  I have a very clear idea of what open means, but I find some times that I don't know to defend it really well with my colleagues.  I, as a scientist, think that all research should be available free of paywalls, and what's still more important, the data used (positive or negative) should also be available for future researchers.

That's all that I have to say now, 4 weeks of intense course await me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment